Friday, July 26, 2013

Surprise Bento Supplies: You Never Know What You're Going To Find

I made a trip to the new Target store in West Edmonton Mall today, just to check it out. I didn't go there specifically to look for items that might be appropriated for Bento, but that's what I ended up looking for, anyway. The very first thing I found in Target's "One Spot" dollar area was a set of "Fun Dough" cutters made by a company called Rose Art.



They are meant to be used for Play Dough or similar products, but I immediately thought "Bento!" when I saw them. They were only a dollar, so I picked them up.

When I got my little treasure home and opened it up, This is what greeted me.

And I was very happy, indeed!
A nice selection of little cutters, perfect for cheeses, soft meats, and other thinly sliced items. I don't know what the quality on the plastic is, but I figure it's fine as they were meant to be played with by children.

The blue cutters have an indent of the items they are shaped like on the inside... I thought of using them as bread cutters, but they don't leave much of an indent so I'd only use them as bread cutters if the shape of the cutter was enough to suggest what it was, as in the case of the butterfly. The rotary phone might actually be a fun cutter to make mini-sandwiches with, since it is shaped like a piece of bread :D. Other than that, the only other use I can think of for them is maybe also for soft cheese. I can't really think of a use for the shovel and rake with little boy faces on, but I will...! maybe. :p

In addition to browsing the dollar aisles, I browsed the container aisle too. I love containers of all shapes and sizes. In addition to my favourite storage-type container for Bento, Starfrit, there were a couple of sets that interested me but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called. Next time I go to Target, I will be better prepared and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment